Help is Here
Accidents and medical emergencies in the workplace can be quickly and safely managed with ProTech alarms, security devices and monitoring systems. As employers establish effective safety and health management systems and prepare their workers to handle emergencies they should consider the following:
- Escape procedures and escape route assignments.
- Special procedures for employees who perform or shut down critical plant operations.
- Systems to account for all employees after evacuation and for information about the plan.
- Rescue and medical duties for employees who perform them.
- Means for reporting fires and other emergencies.
More detailed information on workplace emergencies is provided in “How to Plan for Workplace Emergencies and Evacuations” (OSHA 3088) available free on OSHA’s website (www.osha.gov).